Who we are?
We are a group of smart, innovative, self-driven people who love technology and love making an impact on the world. You will work alongside some of the most experienced professionals in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Planck offers an AI-based data platform for commercial insurance. Given just a business name and address, Planck provides all underwriting insights in real time to increase conversions and reduce costs.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate engineering team-leader with a strong background in backend engineering to join our AI revolution and take ownership on all aspects of our AI insights team. The team you will lead is responsible for our insights factory – making sure our data analysts can create AI models fast and with high quality.
The ideal candidate is someone who understands technology and understands data while having the capability and passion for leading a team of A-players engineers with strong data-science orientation.
In your role as Insights team-leader you will lead a team of 3 engineers that is responsible for leading all insights creation efforts – from creating tools for our data-analysts to train models faster, through automatic tests and quality planning, to the creation and maintaining of the infrastructure for running hundreds of AI models in production at scale. Your goal is to shorten the time for creating a new AI model while improving the quality. The team is also involved in more research-oriented projects so having research or data-science background is an advantage.
What should you have?
- 6+ Years of hands-on experience as a software engineer, at least 3 of them as a backend developer – Must
- At least 1 year of leading an engineering team of 3 or more developers- Must
- Deep experience with Java, C#, Golang, Scala, NodeJS, Python – Must
- Experience with ML/AI – Big advantage
- M.S.c (or higher) in computer science – Big advantage
- Startup experience – Advantage
- Experience with microservices architecture – Advantage